Once it has been established that there is a place available within the appropriate Year Group, a formal application can begin following the steps below:
- Complete in full the Registration Form and return this to the Head of Admissions. (There is an on-line version or printed copy available).
- Payment of a non-refundable Registration Fee* of 750€. (You must send a proof of this payment.)
(*This fee does not guarantee entry to the School but will hold a place whilst the application is processed through to an offer. The fee covers all administration by the School including the on-line testing procedure.)
- A copy of the student´s NIE, DNI, Passport or Birth certificate must be provided.
- A copy of the parents´/ guardians´ NIE, DNI (or Passport if you do not have NIE or DNI) must be provided.
- Copies of school reports for the last two academic years, translated to English or Spanish must be provided.
(Students who have been in a Spanish school need to provide the school reports from 1º ESO and the Graduado en ESO if they have finished 4º ESO)
(Students applying for A-Level study, must provide evidence of the completion of their Secondary education – Certificate or GCSE or equivalent.)
- If a student is receiving learning support, counselling and/or speech therapy you MUST provide recent assessment reports or/and school evaluations.
- English and Mathematics tests (appropriate to age) will need to be taken through the OPI* on-line testing system used by the School. This is for setting purposes and not the main criteria for entry to the School.
*Testing results are the property of The Lady Elizabeth School and will not be shared with parents or students.
- When all documents requested up to this Step are received, the Head of Primary or Secondary will review and then recommend whether a place in The Lady Elizabeth School can be offered.
- The Head of School will make the final decision, based on the recommendation and also including either a personal interview or a SKYPE interview with the family.
- A formal Offer Letter will be provided for the family, signed by the Head of School, together with the Acceptance Form and Parent Contract (Terms & Conditions).
- The place will be held for 10 days (from the date of the Offer Letter). If the Acceptance is not confirmed in the time allowed, the place may be offered to another student. (Please contact the School to advise of your decision.)
- To secure the place, the Acceptance Form must be completed, signed and returned to the Head of Admissions, together with the Deposit (500€ EU/2000€ NON-EU) which is refundable* when the student leaves the School. (You must send a proof of this payment)
*Refundable – provided that one full term´s notice is given in writing and any outstanding fees are paid.
- The Payment Form indicating how fees will be paid must also be completed, signed and returned.
- Once the offer has been formally a, the Admission Department will send the Confirmation of Acceptance Letter signed by the Head of the School with the following documents which may be required for VISA purposes.
- A Welcome Pack will be provided containing a number of documents/forms which will need to be completed and returned to the Head of Admissions, before the first day of joining the School.